We’re pleased to announce that all dioceses in New Zealand, Aotearoa and Polynesia are invited to take part in our Mission Noticeboard Competition. The winning team will win dinner with a mystery guest!
To take part, create an inspiring physical or digital noticeboard in your church or on your church’s website with a mission focus, to engage members of your congregation to take part in overseas mission. This could include information, scripture, interviews from your congregation, drawings and songs about mission from your youth group or children’s ministry, or anything else about mission!
Email us (email@example.com) your entry with ‘Mission Noticeboard Competition Entry’ in the subject line by 31st October to enter the competition! (Read the terms and conditions below.)
Physical noticeboard – See an example of a physical noticeboard here!
Digital noticeboard – See here an example of a page on your church website you can construct as online ‘noticeboard’ for your church. If you have great software and tech savvy skills we want to see them too!
Terms and conditions
- Entries must be in by midnight
Monday 30 September 2019. extended to Thursday 31st October 2019.
- There is no limit to the number of people involved in making your noticeboard; however, up to four main contributors are able to receive the prize, which will be dinner with our mystery guest.
- Two forms of noticeboard are accepted: physical or digital, as below (choose one option only).
- Physical noticeboards can be entered by taking as many photos as necessary and emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- At least one of the photos must show the entire noticeboard. Consider taking additional photos of interesting details (these can also be sent as pdfs, if they are of print articles). Consider also taking a photo of the noticeboard in context, so we can see the impact the noticeboard has on the space around it.
- There is no physical size limit to the noticeboard, and 3-dimension installations are possible.
- There is no pixel size limit to the photos sent in for your entry, but please consider sending 10Mb per email (you can send your entry over multiple emails).
- Digital noticeboards can be entered by emailing the link to your page to email@example.com.
- There is no limit to the amount of content, number of links, or associated pages attached to your page
- Non-static pages, video and automatic slide shows are possible (for example, your church may have a computer screen set up in the foyer showing videos and stills advertising mission).
- The prizewinner, with up to four associated team members, will be announced at the Centennial Celebrations on the evening of Friday 22 November.
- The prize is for dinner for up to four people associated with the winning noticeboard, and the mystery guest.
- Anglican Missions and the prizewinner will negotiate a date for the dinner to take place.
- Prizewinners will agree to be photographed for the Anglican Missions website, printed communications, and social media pages.
Have fun – we look forward to receiving your entries!