During 2019, as part of celebrating 100 years of mission work at Anglican Missions, we invited readers to send in their mission stories to share on our website.
We would like to keep inspiring others with mission stories on a regular basis.
There are four great reasons to share our mission stories:
- By sharing our mission stories, we are also sharing the Good News: Missions are, at their heart, about sharing the gospel. By sharing our mission stories, we are also sharing the gospel with one another.
- By sharing our mission stories, we are also spurring one another on to live lives of love and good deeds: We inspire others to serve as we share our own lives of service.
- By sharing our mission stories, we are celebrating both the unity of the church and the diversity of God’s world: There are so many stories to tell, Mission Taonga emanating from the different contexts and mission activity and mission relationships of our Three Tikanga Church.
- By sharing our mission stories, we are celebrating God’s work on earth: "Mission goes out from God. Mission is God's way of loving and saving the world... So mission is never our invention or choice." (Lambeth Conference 1998, Section II p121).
The following mission stories were published during 2019, and we hope to add more in subsequent years:
- Betty Pyatt: Read about Betty’s adventures running a hospital in Melanesia
- Rwenzori Special Needs Foundation: Read the story of Yassin Kwikiriza in Uganda
- Robyn Appleby: Read Robyn’s pastoral musing on how to pray for the poor in Africa
- Dianne Windsor: Listen to Dianne’s ‘A hospital corridor’ in Pakistan (audio)
- Vicki: Read Vicki’s reflection on the effects of poverty on human nature in Kenya
- Robyn Appleby: Read another story from Robyn ‘Bagamoyo – a trip through slave history in Tanzania’
- Dianne Windsor: Listen to Dianne’s ‘A Village Visit’ in Pakistan (audio)
- Golden Oldies: Mud Bricks project – current and ongoing (in Fiji)
- Rev Graham O’Brien and The Very Rev Mike Hawke from the Diocese of Nelson: read the report - visit to the Diocese of Malaita, Solomon Islands AND see the video
Please put up our poster!
Help us gather the experiences and accounts of people’s mission trips to share by putting a copy of our poster in your church or workplace. Download here (prints to A3).