Anglican Missions collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Gobal Missions, Promotions and Fundraising
- Church and Business Relations1
Your personal information is given to us when you make a donation or request, or if a Diocese or Parish does so on your behalf.
The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s), email address and parish
- information about your preference for appeals, projects, publications, resources and global missions activities
- a record of any communication between Anglican Missions and yourself
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Anglican Missions collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Anglican Missions and its work, appeals, projects, publications, resources, deputations, short and long term missions, Mission Parnters, Grant Partners, other global missions activities and invite you to attend functions held in support of these activities
- to thank you for being a loyal Anglican Missions supporter
- to inform you of Anglican Missions’ new appeals, projects, resources, publications and activities we think you might be interested in
- to approve transactions (including financial ) you wish to make
- to confirm your identity
- to provide you with resources you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to seek comment, evaluation or feedback from you
How we manage personal information
Anglican Missions is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security, and personnel security.
Anglican Missions may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Anglican Missions, its work, appeals, projects, resources, deputations, short and long term missions, Mission Partners, Grant Partners, and other global missions activities unless otherwise advised by you.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by calling 04 473 5172. If we do not require your information for financial purposes (ie, you have made a donation and we need to prove this to the IRD), you may ask us to delete the information that we hold about you.
You may also request an update or correction of the personal information we hold about you by putting the request in writing (email is fine) to Anglican Missions. Contact details are outlined below under 'Access, and correction of details'.
Anglican Missions does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties outside the Anglican Church of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia. Anglican Missions outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Anglican Missions, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- other related Anglican Church organisations, Mission Partners, Grant Partners
- organisations which provide services to us, such as our printers
- banks or financial institutions in relation to the secure transfer of funds within New Zealand and overseas
- government or statutory authorities
that may directly contact you on behalf of Anglican Missions.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Anglican Missions holds on you by contacting us in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Anglican Missions to correct the information.
Contact Anglican Missions
If you have a concern about your privacy, please contact us:
Address: Anglican House, 32 Mulgrave Street, Thorndon, Wellington
PO Box 12012, Thorndon, Wellington
Phone: (04) 473 5172
1 Personal information of those with whom we have church and business relations. This typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of our operations.
2 Personal information collected from our contractors. This typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business, especially in relation to the engagement of the contractor's services. Information is also collected from potential employees in the recruitment process.