(Multi-tasking! Marie, Kim,Lois and Sandra weaving together while practicing their English – Vanuatu short-term mission trip, May 2018).
The Overseas Mission – Tikanga Pakeha Council offers help to fund those wishing to take part in a short term mission trip or those wanting funds for overseas missions initiatives from their parish/diocese.
The criteria for funding is outlined on the application form.
Apply for Funding
If you would like to apply for funding you can download the application form. As noted above, the form includes criteria; as well as a list of Diocesan representatives who can be contacted for more information.
You can also contact Pam Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to apply. Applications need a letter of commendation from both your Diocesan Missions Council/group, and your Bishop.
On return from a Short Term Missions trip, a report is completed for the OM-TP Council and Anglican Missions using these guidelines
- From Kondoa, Africa to Whangaparaoa Parish
- Rev Dawn Daunauda for a year’s teaching English at Talua Theological College in Vanuatu (this grant was carried over from 2017 funds)
- Fiji to Wellington Anglican Youth Ministries – attending discipleship camp
- Anglican Youth Ministries (BOLD) (Building outstanding leaders & disciples) from Auckland to Fiji (planned for Dec 2018)
- Parishes/Churches of Upper Clutha, St John’s, Invercargill & All Saint’s, Riversdale, Dunedin to Vanuatu including repair to cyclone damaged roof at Talua Theological College
- Rev Craig Harris, Auckland to Myanmar to strengthen the links with the church there
- Balclutha Parish, Dunedin to Kapuna, Papua New Guinea – ongoing mission contact, including building and maintenance projects as well as ministry
- Family team on Madagascar outreach – Dec 2018
- Anglican Youth Ministries (BOLD) (Building outstanding leaders & disciples) from Auckland to Fiji (this is a visit by a new group each year)
- St Chad’s, Auckland to Kenya – a group of adults and youth
- St John’s, Roslyn, Dunedin with Brockville Community Church to Vanuatu
- Rangiora Parish to the Philippines to support NZCMS Mission Partner, Dianne Bayley
- Waikane Parish, Wellington to Fiji
- Anglican Youth Ministries (BOLD) (Building outstanding leaders & disciples) from Auckland to Fiji
- Parish of Waikanae (Wellington) to Delhi, India
- Parish of Fendalton (Christchurch) to Tonga.
- Diocese of Waiapu pilgrimage to Papua New Guinea (Feb 2015) – $7,000
- Pioneers NZ for Chris & Catherine in Central Asia (May 2015) – $2,000
- Sydenham-Beckenham & South West Christchurch mission trip to Nepal (Aug 2015) – $6,500
- Nelson Youth Leaders’ trip to Kiribati (Aug 2016) – $2,000
- Auckland Youth trip to Fiji – $2,000 – this trip was originally to be in Nov, but has been deferred to 2016.
- Balclutha Parish (Dunedin) to Papua New Guinea (Mar 2014) – $2,000
- Picton Parish (Nelson) to Tonga (Mar 2014) – $2,000
- Eltham & Kaponga (Taranaki) to Fiji (June 2014) – $4,000
- Ohariu Archdeaconry (Wellington) to Tonga (June 2014) – $2,514
- St Stephen’s, Shirley (Christchurch) Youth and “Oldies” visit to Fiji (June 2014) – $3,000
- Parish of Rangiora (Christchurch) to Kondoa, Africa (June 2014) – $4,000
- St Stephen’s, Whangaparaoa (Auckland) to Kondoa, Africa – $5,000 (this trip was made in Sept 2015)
- NZCMS Encounter Fiji - Families and Youth Trip
- St John's Cathedral, Waiapu - Vanuatu Trip $2,000
- Waikato/Taranaki Diocese to Fiji - $2,000
- St Stephen's Whangaparaoa - Tanzania Trip $5,000
- Pioneers NZ $5,000 - Mission Partners in Central Asia
- Rev Given Gaula - New Bishop of the Diocese of Kondoa - Return Travel to Tanzania $5,000
- BAF: Bishopric of Taranaki - Kuching Trip $4,000
- Newlands - Paparangi Parish - Tonga Trip $5,000
- Whitby Anglican Parish - Fiji Trip $2,264
- St Augustine's Cashmere, Christchurch - India Trip $2,000